On the edge of the peaceful town of Alston, high in the hills of the North Pennines near rivers and waterfalls sits Lowbyer Manor Country House. A Grade II listed building set in its own grounds overlooking the fells and farmland. Perfectly situated to explore the hills of the North Pennines far from the madding crowd. It is not unusual to only meet farm animals on your nearby walks.
After exploring the beautiful countryside relax in our comfortable lounge with a blazing open fire and settle down to read from the large collection of books, watch TV or tickle the ivories and a sing song at the piano. After you have freshened up in one of our 12 en suite bedrooms with premium bed linen and towels, 3 of which have full size baths and 2 with half baths, make your way to the cosy bar with inglenook fireplace for drinks before dinner. The budding chefs of the group will be delighted with our large semi professional kitchen to rustle up a meal from one of the many cookery books on the shelves. Don’t worry if you would rather not cook, we can provide home cooked meals for you to just pop in the oven. Click here to view our dining options Should the weather be favourable we have a large BBQ and bar area in the garden where you can sit and enjoy watching the sun go down behind the fells.
After a leisurely meal in our dining room or in the garden some of you may retire to the bar to play games, enjoy an evening of singing with our karaoke machine or relax in peace in our upstairs lounge. Should you prefer an early night, all our rooms have TVs and there is Wi-Fi throughout the building. Whatever your preference there is ample room for you to relax and enjoy your stay.
- Large fully equipped kitchen: gas cookers, grill, fridge, microwave. Utility room with dish and glass washer, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Large comfortable dining room to sit up to 22 people.
- Comfortable sitting room with stunning views over the fells. Open fire, TV and large collection of books and games. Upright piano in hallway.
- TVs in all of our 12 bedrooms. TV in sitting room and Sky Sports available in the bar area.
- Free WiFi throughout the house.
- Cosy bar with inglenook fireplace. Sky Sports available.
- Gas central heating throughout. Open fireplace in sitting room. Gas flame fire in bar area.
- Total of 12 en suite bedrooms, all with TV and hairdryer. 1 kingsize, 1 four poster, 4 doubles, 3 twin/kingsize double rooms and 3 single bedrooms.
- Luxury bed linen and towels provided.
- 12 bathrooms en suite, 5 with baths with overhead showers and 7 with walk in showers. Separate toilets on lower ground floor.
- Unfortunately due to the age of the property we are not able to offer disabled facilities.
- 2 camp beds and 2 travel cots plus high chairs are available.
- Pretty gardens with trees and shrubs. Wooden garden furniture. Barbecue and outdoor bar.
- Off street parking for 10 cars at the rear of the house. Garage storage for bikes.
- No smoking throughout the house.
- Dogs are allowed, please get in touch.
Bookings are available for a minimum of 3 nights with a deposit taken upon confirmation. For more information please ring 01434 381230 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org we would love to hear from you.
“The area is fantastic for star gazing and we had the telescope out in the gardens a few nights but even with the naked eye so many stars are visible and we managed to catch the star links passing by too which was brilliant” RB Dec 2019
“Each of the bedrooms were beautiful and clean. We all our own privacy and facilities which is great to have when it’s a big group. “ KA Jan 2019