Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions include important information and set out contractual terms and conditions which apply to a booking which you, the "Guest", makes for the provision of accommodation, food, beverage or other services with the "Proprietors", of the guest house at Lowbyer Manor Country House, Alston, Cumbria CA9 3JX, the "Guest House".
The Terms & Conditions include some exclusions and limitations of liability, and Guests are requested to check them carefully. Attention is particularly drawn to the conditions relating to deposits and cancellations charges. Guests are advised to consider covering these risks with appropriate holiday and travel insurance. The Proprietors reserve the right at any time before a booking is accepted to withdraw or change these terms and conditions.
Bookings and Payments
1. All bookings made by phone, fax, letter or e-mail are subject to these Terms & Conditions and reservations are provisional until confirmed with a cleared cheque, credit or debit card.
2. When a booking is made on behalf of more than one person, the Guest making the booking is responsible for full payment of all charges incurred.
3. Prices and charges will be agreed between the Guest and the Proprietors at the time of booking.
4. A refundable deposit of 50% of your reservation, up to a maximum of £100.00, is required to secure your booking and a secured booking represents a contract between the Guest and the Guest House. Any cancellation within three days of arrival date or any no-shows shall incur full charge if the room cannot be re-let.
5. Separate tariffs, terms and conditions apply for Valentine's, Christmas, New Year, Easter, House Party (exclusive use) bookings and other special occasions.
6. Unless an alternative arrangement has been agreed, the Guest will be required to settle the costs and charges in full in connection with his/her stay prior to departure. The following methods of payment are accepted:
- Cash in Pound Sterling.
- VISA, MasterCard, VISA Electron, Switch, Delta and Solo payment cards. We do not accept payment by Diners Club or American Express. Cheques are accepted for deposits only.
Alterations and Cancellations
7. The Proprietors cannot guarantee that any requests by a Guest for alterations to a confirmed booking will be satisfied.
8. Whilst the Proprietors try to ensure the accuracy of any information relating to attractions and amenities mentioned in the "Guest House" promotional or publicity material, this information is intended for general guidance only.
9. In the event of adverse operational circumstances, exceptionally it may be necessary to change or cancel the Guest's booking arrangements. In such circumstances the Guest will be notified and offered an alternative arrangement of the same or higher value, at no extra cost. The Guest may either accept the alternative or may cancel the booking in full, in which case a full refund will be made of any deposit paid. The Proprietors do not accept liability for any consequential loss incurred by the Guest under the paragraph.
10. The Guest is requested to advise the "Proprietors" at the time of booking of any special dietary, accessibility or other requirements in order that we can assist in making your stay a comfortable one.
11. Guests are not permitted to smoke anywhere in the Guest House. This is a Non Smoking Establishment. Where the Proprietors are of the view that smoking has taken place in a Guest's bedroom, a surcharge of £30.00 will be made for the cost of decontaminating the room following the Guest's departure.
12. The Proprietors do not accept responsibility for loss or damage to the Guest's vehicle or its contents whilst situated on the Guest House premises. The Guest is therefore required to take all measures to ensure the security of the vehicle and its contents.
13. Guest bedrooms are available from 3.00 p.m. on the day of arrival. On departure, the latest check out time is 10.30 a.m.
14. Guests who have made a booking under a special promotion scheme are required to produce the appropriate voucher or membership card on arrival and registration, otherwise charges will be made at the advertised full tariff.
15. Under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956, a proprietor's liability for any loss or damage to a guest's property is limited to £50 for any one article and a total of £100 in the case of any one guest, except in the case of property which has been deposited, or offered for deposit, for safe custody. However, the proprietors do not make any admission that the Act applies to them or that any liability under the Act attaches to them. The Guest is therefore required to take all measures to ensure the security of her/his property whilst staying at the guest house.
16. Where a guest supplies their email address, they are agreeing to be added to our mailing list, to receive promotional emails in the future. The guest will have the option to be removed from the mailing list on each email. The proprietors will not pass on the guest's email address to third parties except for the delivery of the Guest house's promotional emails.
17. If any part of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will remain valid and enforceable.
18. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions affects the Guest's statutory rights.